Seems like just yesterday that we were bringing you home and you were falling asleep in your rocker. You’ve changed so much in the last 8 months and now your personality is truly coming out. It’s amazing to watch you grow and change and Daddy and I are loving every single minute of it.
Here’s what you’ve been up to this month:
- We haven’t taken you to the doctor for over a month, but we think you’re at about 27 1/2 inches and 17 pounds. You’ve gained SO much weight in the last month because of everything you’re eating.
- You’re wearing size 2 diapers but not for much longer. You’ll be switching over to 3′s here pretty quickly!
- We officially put all of you 3-6 month outfits and clothing away. You fit comfortably into 6 month onesies and even a few 9 month outfits. You’re wearing 9 month sleepers because you’re too long for the 6 month ones now!
- We are STILL breastfeeding and I don’t even see the end in sight! Maybe in another 4 months or so, we’ll see!
- You are SUCH a good eater! You eat 2-3 baby food containers each day (7-11 ounces). You have cheerios and some Gerber Puffs for breakfast. With lunch and dinner you have a puree and then more finger foods.
- We generally give you a little bit of whatever we are eating, if it’s not too seasoned or spicy. You’ve had eggs, mashed potatoes, tons of veggies, spaghetti, macaroni, french fries, banana, pears, apples, strawberries, pineapple, orange and tons of other real foods. You’ve even had a bite of Mommy’s chocolate chip cookies…..
- You LOVE veggies and you aren’t so fond of fruits, except pears. They must just be too sweet for you. You didn’t get my sweet tooth, but you definitely got my love of veggies and that’s a really good thing! I hope it continues when you’re older! You’ve also had chicken, turkey and beef with veggies (in puree form) and did AMAZING with them. I’m really glad we waited until 6 months to introduce them full time.
- You are STILL waking up at night. Last week you had 4 nights where you slept from 8 until 6, but that ended Friday night after our horrible dinner out… The past few nights you’ve actually been crying in the middle of the night and we aren’t sure why. Maybe because of your teeth?
- Speaking of teeth – you have one!! It came in about a week and a half ago. Daddy found it while getting you ready for bed and it sure was a surprise! We are pretty sure the one next to it will be popping in soon too.
- You’re napping pretty well! You’ve dropped to two naps a day, for the most part, but they’re longer. Usually close to two hours (and that’s really nice for Mommy, just so you know).
- You finally rolled from your back to your tummy, but only once. As long as you can do it I’m fine with that!
- You stand up SO well! We let you stand up and dig in the ottoman for your toys! You hardly need our assistance anymore. You’re getting close to taking some steps, with our assistance, of course.
- You can support yourself on your hands and knees but not for too long. Although you seem to be getting a lot better at it in the last week or so. I’m pretty sure you’re going to be walking before you’re crawling. I’m still completely okay with a stationary baby, so take your time!
- You talk all the time now. You’re really good at saying “Hi” and “Hey” as well as “yay” and you’re starting to say “dada”. You make other random sounds as well. You’re newest thing is a high pitched squeal! It definitely makes us laugh that’s for sure!
- When you watch Baby Einstein World Animals you always try to make the elephant sounds when that part comes on.
- You play by yourself so well for the first half of the day, but by the end of the day all you want is to play with Mommy and Daddy. That’s okay we like playing with you too.
- You give great kisses and hugs now and they’re always by surprise.
- You’re kind of an adrenaline junkie. You love to be held upside down and be flown around like an airplane and swung around. You think it’s hilarious!
Like I said, you’ve changed so much in the past few weeks it’s insane. Your personality is shining through every single day and Daddy and I can’t believe how lucky we are to have you as a baby. You’re wonderful and we love every single minute with you, even when you’re screaming at 1 am. Keep growing and getting stronger buddy.
We Love You!!
Mommy & Daddy